Money saving and budgeting apps that help you stay on top of your finances
Best Personal Finance and Budgeting Tools for 2022
These budget apps above vary in their features, scope, and methods — but they all are popular among our users.
How to choose a budgeting app
Your personal financial life can be greatly impacted by choosing the right budgeting app. The first thing you need to consider when choosing a personal finance app or budgeting app is what your needs and goals are. With the right app, you can gain valuable insight and specific data about your expenses and savings. In order to determine what budgeting app is best for you, consider the following: fees, features, security, and customer service.
The Best personal finance books in 2022
Creating and maintaining a budget should be one of your top priorities, and these books can help. Creating a budget is a vital part of managing your money, no matter how much income you earn or how much you save. Budgeting also lays the groundwork for things like investing. If you want to manage your money, you're going to need a budget.
- - The One Week Budget by Tiffany Aliche
- - The One-Page Financial Plan, by Carl Richards
- - Spend Well, Live Rich by Michelle Singletary
- - How to Manage Your Money When You Dont Have Any, by Erik Wecks
- - You Need A Budget, by Jesse Mecham
- - Budgeting Doesnt Have to Suck by Jim Miller
- - Thoughtfully Fit: Your Training Plan for Life and Business Success by Darcy Luoma
- - Bakers Dirty Dozen: Principles for Financial Independence by Joe Baker MBA
- - The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
- - Personal Finance QuickStart Guide by Morgen Rochard
How to identify the best budget apps
Our favorite apps let users do the following:
- - Synchronize several financial accounts (and choose not to sync).
- - Rather than simply tracking past transactions, make informed financial decisions in advance.
- - You can create custom categories and view expenses by category.
- - Get alerts when bills are due.
- - Collaborate with other users.
- - Mobile and desktop apps are available.
- - In addition to showing credit scores, net worth, and investments, we also gave unofficial bonus points for nice-to-have features.